Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Blogspot, far from cell phones, emails and deadlines.

I've been recieving travel brochures from state tourism agencies at work for the last month. They're piling up in a box atop my PC tower. The only reason I haven't decoupaged the computer is that I'm afraid it might jam the DVD drive. The latest, a pamplet from the Gettysburg, PA bureau of tourism telling me to "Come for the history, stay for the fun!", has a glossy cover and keeps sliding off onto the floor. It's annoying.

I'd thought this was a harmless prank until today, when I seriously considered popping in a complimentary DVD about sailing aboard a Maine Windjammer. I'm reminded of that storyline in Amelie, where she sends her father's garden gnome on a postcard-documented tour of the world in an effort to get the elder Poulain out to see the world. Someone out there wants me to take a vacation, and a confluence of forces...

  • At work today, a client made a request that lead me to daydream of booking a flight to San Francisco just to stab his face (maybe grab some Rice-a-Roni, but mostly for the sheer thrill of sudden violence)
  • My recent dissolution of a 2.5 year LTR
  • Endless grey days. This year's El Nino makes me feel like I live in a cement mixer.
  • Syzygy
...make me inclined to agree.

Well, it's a good thing I have all these pictures of nuclear families fly fishing.

*I'm blogging at work. I am. so. sick. of this pancreatic cancer bullshit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home