Thursday, December 21, 2006

Blogspot, liar.

A few months ago, my iPod and computer crashed simultaneously (Andy Rooney cries for me at this, duh). I had to rebuild my music collection, previously collected over the course of 4 years. To date, the task is woefully incomplete, as noted by a co-worker, who regularly harasses me about having 4GB of music on a 20GB iPod.

Last night, I finally restored my former collection of Abandoned Pools songs--my favorite being an upbeat number titled "Ruin Your Life." It reminded me of my senior year of high school, when my friend and I would cut class and drive to Trenton on a semi-episodic basis to thrift shop among indigents, listening to Morrocan ethnic radio (no lie) and above-mentioned band on the way. Every marking period I'd recieve letters from the Board of Education in the mail informing me that that I'd missed Calculus four times and if I missed it again, I'd fail the course. I got a B-, which, in Asian terms is failure anyway.

Once, instead of going south, we took the PATH into New York for the purpose of shopping at Screaming Mimi's, which our Modern Europe teacher had recommended to us. That was the day I learned that, unlike the Trenton thrift warehouse, New York's garments of yesteryear cost a truckload of money. My knack for recollection spinning up to maximum drive here: It was a rainy and windy day--winds that snapped Zach Bushnell's umbrella basically the second we exited onto Christopher Street. A billboard with bottles of Snapple dressed as the Village People welcomed us to the city with a gay, gay hello. We made a midday of it, and made it back to school in time to catch absolutely no classes.

It was fun, despite the weather. Of course, this doesn't hold a candle to July 2002--a perfect summer day in Washington Square Park that, ironically, I never actually experienced while actually attending NYU. A story for another day, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home