Sunday, January 29, 2006

Blogspot, given in the name of Germanicus and Drusus.

I just bought my first audiobook off iTunes entirely because in the preview, the author describes Nolita as being 'a few city blocks positively metastatic with handbag stores'. Adjectival (<--an odd, self-serving modifier) brilliance like that seemed worth the $10.95 I just forked over to Apple and Random House.

Now, fifteen minutes later, I realize that perhaps certain authors are not suited to the .mb4 file extension. As readers of this blog know, I'm a huge fan of verbosity, tacking unwarranted clauses onto sentences in the same way a sparrow living above a party supply store might progressively festoon his nest into a parade float (the avian Santino Rice). But while complex sentences seduce me in print, it's not so great when you hear it lisped in high speed.

When I think about how my brain is handling this onslaught of insane sentence constructions, I am reminded of tar pits and associated scenes of plexiglass mammoths slowly drowning.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

hahahahahahha

the avian Santino Rice.

he's quite smurf-like, wouldn't you say?

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home