Sunday, August 28, 2005

Blogspot, owner of many cats.

I got wasted last night and I ate 20 dumplings in a sitting today. We Tivo-ed Kelly Clarkson falling off the stage during the VMAs and watched the ten-second loop of her descent continuously for two minutes. During commercials, we jumped to the Weather Channel's round-the-clock coverage of Hurricane Katrina. Far-away storm surge and celebrity instability are my favorites, and I'm glad they're my roommates' favorites too.

The gang and I shopped for ingredients in Chinatown and came home with 25 pounds of rice, a bottle of 'Depressed Chinese Woman' brand chili oil and fruit pops that look like ice sausages. I plan to make MaPo Tofu tomorrow night before I go to my boyfriend's DJ set. I will drink martinis, he will play Joy Division, and it will rule.

The past spring was unusually cold, and I've come to associate the city of New York with chilly temperatures. The saturating humidity calls me out on my idiocy, so I will be sleeping shirtless tonight with the windows open. I had the exquisite sin of air conditioning in Boston, but I don't mind the change.

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

A whole bunch of Cajuns gon' die.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home